Scrittorio 2024 is officially underway!

The SCRITTORIO MAGAZINE 2024 Issue is officially underway!

Hello, fellow writers and readers of fiction. I come bearing good news today: It's July, which means that it's time to start working on the next issue of Scrittorio Magazine, which will be released in November 2024!

Not sure what Scrittorio Magazine is? Put simply, it's a digital magazine which focuses on the practical elements of writing fiction. It's jam-packed with writing tips, lessons, and resources. You can learn more here. If you'd like to be notified when it comes out, please subscribe to the magazine here. It's free, and always will be. 

If you haven't checked out the 2023 issue, what are you waiting for?

Topics in the upcoming issue will include...

  • Narrative design in games and fiction novels
  • Improving writing craft with prompts
  • Fiction genre spotlight: gothic horror
  • The horrors of love in DuMaurier's Rebecca
  • Developmental editing techniques
  • In the Margins: writing murder mystery with Agatha Christie's The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Depending on trending topics, limited magazine space, time constraints, and other factors, items on this list could be modified, removed, or replaced with other items.

Of course, as always, Scrittorio will include worksheets, writing exercises, and other resources in addition to articles on the above topics.

Fiction writer & author interviews

I am currently reaching out to authors and fiction writers from all stages of the writing journey to interview - with particular emphasis on writers who are in some way connected to the above themes or topics. If you are a fiction writer - or know one - who fits that broad description, let me know!

I generally look for a total of 3 fiction authors to interview. I choose to interview writers who show skill and mastery in their fiction writing, even if they've never been published before. If you're good at what you write and have something to say about any of the above listed topics, I'm interested!

Your Two Cents

In the previous issue of Scrittorio, I launched a segment called Your Two Cents, where I invited readers to send me their opinions regarding a specific matter - a topic that is presented in the magazine. I received one submission, which made me extremely happy, and I hope that this time around, I'll receive even more!

I will make a post dedicated to the Your Two Cents segment asking questions and inviting readers to send in their responses, so please keep an eye out for that. And easy way to do that is by following Scrittorio over on tumblr (@scrittorio).

Surveys and Polls

Once again, I will be putting out polls and surveys throughout my social media, this blog, and the Scrittorio website via the use of Google Forms and polling features on IG/tumblr/X. The results of these surveys and polls will be presented in the issue. All polls and surveys will be directly linked to the topics in the issue. 

In the 2023 issue, I wasn't very happy with most of the polls that I put out. This time around, I hope to be more careful in their preparation, and hope to present them in a more visually appealing way, too.

Your opinion counts, so please keep an eye out for those polls and send me your responses!

Advertisement spaces

In this issue, I'm going to be introducing sample advertising spaces to show anyone who might be interested what the advertising options could be and how advertisements are presented. Introducing advertisements is a way to hopefully manage the cost of running the magazine, as I've already promised that it will always be a free digital magazine - and I won't be breaking that promise.

I want to be clear that I will not advertise everything that comes my way. Advertisements placed in Scrittorio must be related to fiction-writing, and must be for products or services that I would actually whole-heartedly recommend. I get to be a little picky here, so I reserve the right to turn away advertisements for products/services I'm not entirely convinced by. Apart from that, since Scrittorio is a yearly publication, there will be limited ad slots, so there's a high chance there won't be enough space for all the ads that come my way.

As the number of subscribers is still growing (I'm so happy to see so many readers already subscribed!), I won't be launching advertisements just yet. That's why I'm only providing sample advertising spaces in the upcoming 2024 issue, using my own previously published works (hey, they're the only "products" I have that I can use as an example!).

💬

That's all I have for now, but make sure to subscribe to the magazine to get more info as it comes out, keep an eye on this blog, or follow the @scrittorio tumblr account.

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy