Scrittorio Magazine, Ramadan 1445 Issue

Scrittorio Magazine, Ramadan 1445 Special Issue for Muslim Fiction Writers

Salaam! Are you a Muslim fiction writer?
Scroll down to learn how you can help me with this upcoming issue!

As a Muslim fiction writer, I've wanted to put together some kind of Ramadan-themed writing pack for a long time now. This year, I finally decided to take the leap and do it - and I decided to do it through Scrittorio Magazine, my always-free digital magazine for fiction writers everywhere. 

(If you haven't checked out the 2023 issue, please do, and subscribe! Since I can't currently track how many people have downloaded Scrittorio issues - I'm working on it! - your subscription means everything.)

So, here I am, officially announcing the Ramadan 1445 special issue for Scrittorio Magazine! It will be released sometime between March 15th - March 20th, 2024, by which time Ramadan will have already begun. The final date of release will be confirmed soon.

 


What's in the Ramadan 1445 issue?

Currently, there are articles dealing with:

  • Writing Fiction as a Muslim Author
         What is it like to write fiction as a Muslim author? What can we expect?
  • What is Islamic Fiction?
         What is the difference between Islamic fiction and other kinds of fiction?
  • Sadaqa Jariyah through Fiction Writing
         How does the concept of sadaqah jariyah apply to fiction writing?
  • Writing Ideal vs. Realistic Muslim Characters
         Which is better: writing idealistic Muslim characters or flawed Muslim characters?
         How flawed can a character be? How will most Muslim readers respond to them?

  • The Importance of Critical Thinking for Muslim Readers
         In fiction we present many kinds of themes and messages.
         Critical thinking is a vital skill for Muslim readers so they can analyze what they read.

  • Dua and Prayers for Writing Success

The list was last edited on March 5th and I believe this will be the final list of topics, inshaAllah.

However: 

I NEED YOUR HELP, MUSLIM AUTHORS OF FICTION!

I am hoping to engage more of the Muslim fiction writing community and get authors involved in this issue. If you are a Muslim writer of fiction, I invite you to fill out this Google Form, where I ask you your thoughts on the above topics. You can choose which topic(s) you want to talk about, so it won't take too long!

[Alternatively, if you don't mind taking time out of your day and we can get our schedules to align, we could turn this into a live interview. The Google Form is a quicker and more accurate way of getting your experiences, and as Ramadan is almost here and the deadline is close, I personally prefer this method, but let me know what you prefer!]

Your responses may make it into the issue! Please keep that in mind. I have included a question to request your agreement to allow me to publish one or more of your responses in the Ramadan 1445 issue, and once again I would like to re-iterate that Scrittorio Magazine is a free digital magazine that aims to keep its issues up for readers to download and read for as long as humanly possible. 

Ideally, this means this issue, as well as the others, will be available for many, many years to come, inshaAllah. But don't fret! If you decide later on down the line that you want your contribution removed, just let me know and I will do my best to remove it and replace the issue ASAP. Do note, however, that people will have already downloaded the issue with your contribution in it, so there's nothing I can do about the copies that are already out there. 

Do you have any questions? Don't hesitate to ask! You can use this contact form, DM me on my social media, or leave your Qs in the comments below.

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy