A Very Short Mid-March Update

This one's just a quick update to say that Ramadan has been a lot busier than I had previously expected. I haven't been able to meet any of the deadlines I set for myself, and I actually had a few new big things pop up over the past couple of weeks that I hadn't expected at all. A couple of new projects, a couple of new adventures 😉 Keeping myself wildly busy as always! 

Which is another way of saying I haven't done anything for the Ramadan 1445 issue or for editing my novel. 😂 I hope to get to them soon, but I think right now there are some things I've got going that really take priority - one of them being Ramadan, obviously. 

 

In previous Ramadans, I actually felt like I had all the time in the world! I did so much because of course you're not really worried about food and you don't have to stop what you're doing to make/eat/clean up a meal. I would get so much done. Super productive. This Ramadan, though... I'm approaching it a bit differently, and as a result it's taking up a lot of my time and energy, and I'm just not finding the time to really open up my laptop and sit down with any of my writing/magazine projects at all.

I hope that things even out soon, but at this point, even if the Ramadan issue ends up coming out a little later than I had previously wanted, I'll be happy regardless. Especially since I haven't been able to get any Muslim writers interested in providing their input! It's my own fault for reaching out so last minute, but it's also a blessing in disguise. I don't have that added pressure to get the issue out ASAP, and I can work on it at my own pace. Less stress, less fuss. 👍

That's all for this update. I've just had suhoor, so I'm off to get some sleep I can before another busy day.

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy