May 2023 Writing Update

May 2023 Writing Update

Entering the spring of my writing career!

In May, I was finally able to start writing again. It came as a huge relief after what felt like over a year of burnout. Thankfully, the flowers of inspiration are beginning to bloom again for me, and I am insanely happy with the work I've done in the past month.

With the printing and binding of two manuscripts in dire need of edits, I returned to working on one book that is hopefully going to be released in the near future - a murder mystery novel with heavy psychological thriller elements. Very excited for that!

I also completed a couple of short stories, worked on a game narrative proposal & design document, and started working on yet another video game of my own. In fact, I spent the first week of June simply working on this choice-based thriller game that I'm finding myself seriously hoping I can one day create and share with people around the world. 

I've also been thinking about Scrittorio - my digital magazine. I'm revamping it, and taking it in another direction. I'm leaning more towards the idea of making it an annual magazine, with a heavy focus on literary analysis, creative writing lessons, story prompts, and other fiction-related content. It's still a solo project for now, and I see it staying that way for a while. This also means that I'm doing most of the writing for it at the moment, but that's not something I mind. My hope is that as it grows, more people will come to show interest in it, and I can open up submissions again.

Last, but certainly not least, is my podcast. Having finally re-launched it in May, I have come to the decision that I will be releasing one episode per month. This will hopefully give me ample time to create episodes that I can be proud of, because another decision I've made is that I want to do a little more audio production for my podcast - so that includes storytelling, episodes with sound effects, perhaps even a little music... All good things, all good things. 

Here's to hoping that June will be another productive and satisfying month, inshaAllah!



Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy