New Year's Resolutions: 2023 in Writing

New Year's Resolutions: 2023 in Writing

It's officially 2023. Naturally, my brain has turned to considering my new goals for this year. What do I want to accomplish? If you recall my last post, you may remember that I very clearly stated: "I hesitate to put anything in writing, because that's a sure-fire way to make sure it doesn't happen, but I'm really hoping to get some projects completed." 

I've never been all that good at executing plans. I don't know why - too many factors go into it, I think, to pinpoint any one main reason - but that's just the way it's been. Making goals and making plans is easy - it's even fun sometimes. But actually putting those plans in motion? That's another story altogether.

But it's a new year on the Gregorian calendar, so I will once again throw some plans out there, because even though I am 99.99% sure I won't get the vast majority of them done, it's a fun exercise nevertheless. Plus, I get to ask myself what I really want to do, and what I really want to work on. That's a pretty important question to ask yourself, I think, even if the answer does shift with time.

So, with all of that in mind, here is what I would like to do in 2023:

  • Release the second issue of Scrittorio by end of January. (Though I haven't had the time to advertise it, submissions are open year-round and more info can be found here.)
  • Release the second edition of 101 Writing Prompts digital workbook.
  • Continue my podcast. With last year's frustrating experience behind me, I'd like to re-record and release the podcast episodes that I couldn't get right with my new equipment.
  • Create more resources for writers to use, such as worksheets, posters, etc. (You are more than welcome to request something via the comments section below or my ask box on Tumblr.)
  • Complete one (just one, please, for the love of--) book. Ideally, I'd actually really like for this to either be Marie/Elise or my historical gothic horror novel.
  • Finish plotting The Cursed Dagger (a new mystery idea I'm working on) and put the prototype story together (because it's not going to be a book, but something else entirely).
  • Get Apartment printed. I'd like to have copies of my own book on my shelves. A nice gift to myself.
  • Re-release Brittle Teeth with the new and improved cover design! 
  • Re-plot Murder in Heliopolis and begin working on edits to re-release on RR, Inkitt, and Tapas.
  • Write and release at least 6 chapters of The Beast of Ildenwood.
  • Figure out a new system for working on and shelving WIPs so that I'm not working on 24 projects at once.
For now, I'll leave it at that. Honestly, there's so much more I'd like to do - finish some of those short stories, put together a few short story collections that I've been planning for a few years now, and more. But we'll take it one step at a time.

What are your writing goals for 2023?


~⭐~

Check out my psychological thriller Apartment. Add it to your TBR on Goodreads!

Looking for a writing prompt workbook? Check out 101 Writing Prompts.

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy