September 24 2022: Writing Update

September 24 2022

September will soon be over, and I feel satisfied with the writing that I have accomplished. I didn’t expect to be able to write as much as I have - which is not to say much, since I’ve only written random snippets here and there - but I expected no writing to get done whatsoever over this month. It gives me a sense of confidence to know that I can still write despite my busy schedule, and that I can find time throughout the day to jot down a few sentences.

Now the challenge will be to write snippets for my big writing projects - my novels, my short story collections, etc. I’d like to finish my murder mystery novel in particular, but I’ve yet to decide on any particular direction to take it. The culprit continues to change, and of course that means the earlier portions of the story must change as well. It has been a process of writing and re-writing and re-writing, to a point that I haven’t experienced with any other story, and this indecision is beginning to make it seem that this project will never be done.

Nevertheless, we must soldier on! So, I’ll be doing my best to get some progress happening with that story, along with a few others that I’ve neglected far too long. I feel sometimes like I have too many ideas and stories waiting in line to be written, and not enough time to write them. This has been exacerbated by my new daily routine with a full-time job where the hours are somewhat long. It’s frustrating, but I think that’s just the impatience of the situation speaking. I keep reminding myself to be patient - to write at the pace that I can write in - to take it one day at a time, one snippet or one line at a time if need be. I think my fellow writers will understand what it feels like.

Fictober is coming up, and I’m hoping I’ll be able to give myself another little nudge forward. Maybe a paragraph a day? Maybe a page a day? Something that pushes me to write a bit more.

Do you have any plans for October, writing-wise? How has September been treating you?

~⭐~

Check out my psychological thriller Apartment. (On Sale for September 2022!)

Grab the 2022 Reflection & Productivity Journal here for $2.00! Try out a full-month sample free here!

Looking for a writing prompt workbook? Check out 101 Writing Prompts.

 

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy