The New Plan

The New Plan: Digging up an old WIP

First order of business: I'm taking a break from my web fictions.

I've been wanting to write for my web fictions for the past few weeks, but have felt absolutely no motivation to. As a result, I feel that the writing I've done for them has not been up to my own standards, and it is frustrating, to say the least. Recently on Tumblr, I announced that I'd be pulling out from Writathon (which was also my Camp NaNo goal):

https://hyba.tumblr.com/post/681826612274216960/alright-after-a-bit-of-consideration-im-pulling

Nevertheless, we soldier on! I have many ideas buzzing around in my head, and while I won't be updating the web fictions for a couple of weeks (or more), I will be jotting down these ideas or otherwise recording them for when I do finally find the motivation and desire to write for these WIPs. While I don't feel like working on A Cure for Happiness, The Beast of Ildenwood, or Murder in Heliopolis right now, I'm not giving up on any of them - just taking a little break.

In the meantime, I'm going to be switching gears for a bit. 

I want to work on something offline for a little while. Something that doesn't have to be revealed pretty much as soon as it has been written. Something that I get to keep to myself and wrestle with privately. 

Web fiction is a completely different beast compared to writing a novel offline, in my experience (unless you're sharing a novel you wrote completely offline and aren't trying to write a new chapter every week, which is the smart thing to do, but in the immortal words of Bella Swan, "Let's say for argument's sake that I'm not smart").

The WIP I want to work on now is An Entity in Your Midst

It's a horror novel that takes place in the ill-fated (and completely fictional) little mountain town of Kostya, where a children's game leads to some very real and very sinister consequences. The story is split into four parts, and each one deals with a different encounter/monster/haunting/evil. Here are some cool graphics I made for it back in, like, 2019:



Click on the images to magnify them for better quality and easier reading.

The cool (?) thing is that I now have a deadline for this WIP! It needs to be completed by end of June 2022 for ReasonsTM. That gives me a little over two months, so I'm currently working on a plan of action. How will I approach it? I feel like it needs a lot of attention in a lot of different places, so between here and June, I've certainly got my work cut out for me!

For now, I've decided to just read over what I wrote, add comments on the sides, and then deep-dive into it after I've got my thoughts in order and a plan of action put in place. But plans change, so I also want to ensure that I'm working in some form of flexibility to avoid burnout or losing motivation too early on in the process of finishing this story up.

I'll create another post soon that will serve as a WIP intro, as well as begin sharing OC intros and other fun stuff.

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy