Once in a Blue Moon: Neon Vape

Once in a Blue Moon: A Neon Vape Update

It has been a long time since last I spoke about Neon Vape: A Vaporwave Odyssey. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, Neon Vape is my futuristic sci-fi about a 35-year old concept artist who gets stuck in a VR game she helped design. 


Neon Vape has been a tough story for me to sit down and think through, so this isn't going to be a big update. In fact, I'm still pretty much in the same place where I left it previously. 

I keep getting stuck - and I think that has something to do with how I deal with description and setting. Because setting plays such a significant role in this book - after all, Ramona is stuck inside the mind-boggling vaporwave and retro-synth world of Neon Vape - it seems only right that I take my time and really craft these locations to the best of my ability. 

But I think what it comes down to is plotting. Back when I was stuck with The Pirates of Sissa, my high fantasy novel in progress, I used flashcards to plot out the story - something I first did with great success for my murder mystery novel, Marie/Elise. I think that's what I'm going to have to do for Neon Vape moving forward.

Time to break out those flashcards!


Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy