Making Fantasy Maps: Ildenwood Forest - V2


Making Fantasy Maps: Ildenwood Forest - V2

After much consideration, while I'm very proud of how my first version of this map came out, I've decided to replace my drawn icons with simple symbols and a legend. My digital art skills leave much to be desired, and while I am actively trying to improve them, right now they're just not up to par. So, symbols it is! 

I also wanted to make it easier for readers to identify the different relevant zones in the forest, and that was another reason that I chose the symbols & legend route - it's simply a lot clearer, especially when paired with the shading I've now used in this second version for each separate region. 

Here's the final result:

This map is going to be featured in Chapter 2 of The Beast of Ildenwood, which will be available on Royal Road on May 2, 2021. Until then, readers of my blog get an early peek at the map! 😉


 

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy