Writing Goals for the New Year

Writing Goals for the New Year

Alas, December is coming to a close, and with it the year 2020, which has been fraught with peril and sadness for populations around the globe. 

Like it has for so many others around the world, this year was bittersweet for me - but mostly sweet, I'd like to think, because I've determined not to dwell on the bad things. And, after all, some things happen as blessings in disguise.

 

As I was spending a moment being grateful for all the great stuff that happened this year, I decided that I wanted to jot down some of the things I'm looking forward to most and a few goals I have for the incoming Gregorian calendar year of 2021.

So, here they are:

  • Publishing Apartment on January 5, 2021!
    (Why don't you drop by my website when it comes out and grab yourself a copy of the ebook? 😉)
  • Completing The Fall of the Black Masks and The Pirates of Sissa and (maybe) preparing them for release.
  • Starting and completing Seasons 2 of Hyba Is Writing: The Podcast
  • Blogging regularly for the entire year of 2021.
  • Writing 1 short story per month.

In the interest of keeping it simple, those are my main writing goals for the year of 2021. I do have several other goals - personal goals, academic goals, professional goals - but if I added everything in, we'd be looking at a list at least one full page long!  

I also have this belief that if you shoot for something amazing, even if you don't reach it after working so hard to, you'll still have achieved something great. Sort of like that saying: Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land amongst the stars.

What are your goals for 2021?

💬💬💬

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy