Hyba Is Writing: The Podcast - Season 1 Wrap-Up

 Season 1 Wrap-Up
Hyba Is Writing: The Podcast

About a week ago, I mentioned that I wouldn't be putting out any new podcast episodes for a short while. Originally, the plan was to only miss one week of podcasting. Then it became two. As we all know, life doesn't play according to our plans!

I struggled to create new episodes for my return, but I simply didn't have the time or energy. That's when I got to thinking: Maybe here is a good place to end my first season!

You see, when I first started making episodes, I was just making episodes for the fun of it, and for my own chronicling reasons. I wanted to keep track of my experience as a writer, and podcasting was one way of doing that, and also a good way for me to remind myself that even when I'm not making much progress writing, I'm still doing a lot of other things that deserve my attention and appreciation. Anyway, my point is, I didn't think about seasons and how I would, you know, organize my podcast (past numbering the episodes and deciding on an upload frequency and schedule).

Now, I find myself doing my best to run my podcast more professionally, and part of that is understanding how to split up my seasons. 

I've decided that every episode up until the end of 2020 is going to be one season. Every season moving forward will be wrapped up either on a yearly basis (i.e. at the end of every Gregorian year or the Muslim calendar year) or on a biannual basis (i.e. wrapped up at the end of the Gregorian calendar year and at the end of the Muslim calendar year). 

I personally lean towards the second option. It'll keep seasons shorter and less daunting, and it makes more sense from a content perspective too. 

In the coming couple of weeks, I plan on releasing a list of all the episodes that I have been able to share so far, which will make up all of Season 1. I'll do my best to do that for each and every season, to keep things as organized and easy to access as possible.

That's the plan for now! We'll see what cards life is about to hand me, though.

Comments

Other Posts You Might Enjoy